6.04.2005

They're Baaa-ack...

The giant, invisible, sneaky frogs, that is.

Well, okay. They're tiny - only about 3 inches long in full leap mode. And they're obviously not invisible. But, they're sneaky. And they ARE frogs. And they're very, very loud.

And it seems they've brought friends.

I'm guessing they REALLY didn't like being flung out of our pool. That's the only explanation I can think of.

So, there I am, all comfy and cozy, propped up by lots of pillows in bed, hot cup of tea on the bedside table, enjoying the quiet of the evening and happily knitting some tiny socks for my adorable nephew, Little Guy. The daughter was tap-tap-tapping away on the computer in the other room. Altogether a lovely and relaxing time.

All of a sudden, the racket outside began. Dozens (or so it seems) of loud, annoying, froggy voices. I was so startled, I dropped a stitch. Which is a really BAD thing for me to do, because while I love to knit, and do well enough to make socks and gloves and such, I STILL haven't figured out how to pick up a stitch once I've dropped it. I usually wind up having to rip the whole blasted thing apart and start over. Which sort of explains why it takes me forever to finish a project. But, I'm blathering again....

I'm telling you..these things are LOUD. And, they don't gradually build up to full volume, either. They're full blast right from the get go. We've been here 3 years and this is the first time they've been a problem.

So, I'm thinking the four flung frogs (plus the one that avoided the fling), are back - with reinforcements. I'm imagining a full on froggy assault in an attempt to retake control of the pool. Well, they can have it. For now. It's dark outside and I, for one, am NOT going to stand guard duty alone against a mighty horde of loud little frogs. Nope. No siree.

But, if they want war, they've got it. Because, he of frog-flinging fame (aka the husband) will return tomorrow. And THEN we'll just see who gets control of the pool.

Until then though, I guess I can (yet again) kiss any idea of a good night's sleep goodbye.

No comments: