6.04.2005

Taking EVERYTHING Back

I hereby take back my take back. All the not-nice things I said previously about the husband stand. Well - except he DOES get brownie points for the Apple Jacks.

We've been planning a trip to see our neice who turns 13 in about a week. Her family is getting ready to move across country and decided to hold her birthday party early. I've been praying and hoping I'd be well enough to travel because I really wanted to be there. But, this morning the husband talked me out of going with the argument that I would probably spend the whole time in the hotel room anyway, and that it would really suck to go down there and make everyone else sick - especially when they are getting ready for a cross-country move.

He didn't have to expend much energy talking me out of going. I was already wondering how in the hell I was going to manage being in a car for 5 hours today and the same tomorrow for the trip back. Plus, I figured his arguments applied to himself, as well because, as I related in my last post, he has also come down with the sniffles...which is how this crud began for me, oh eons ago. But, I guess he believes somehow that I'm an evil plague carrier and he's not. He decided to go by himself.

This stuff came sneaking up on me. Started as sniffles and sneezes. Then suddenly, without warning, it morphed into the crud of death. Or, well, not REAL death, of course...more like an "oh, god..I'm sooooo sick I'm gonna diiiiieeeee" quasi-death sort of thing. So, the husband is making the 5 hour drive, by himself, with the creeping-crud following close on his heels, just waiting to strike. If the full force hits him while he's gone, he may not be back for a week because there is NO way he'll be able to make the drive back while fighting off the clutches of the quasi-death guy. And, he'll likely pass along the crud to everyone else while he's there. Which will be SUCH a nice birthday/moving-day present, don't you think?

So now, in addition to feeling sorry for myself, I'll be spending the rest of the weekend worrying about the husband and praying that the rest of the family somehow escapes the curse of the crud.

No comments: