4.09.2005

Grousing, Griping, Grumbling, Begging Blather

Alright, I am over-the-edge frustrated and am going to grouse and grumble and beg for advice. Blogging advice.

HOW do you folks do it? BLOG constantly, I mean? It freaking takes me forever to write a *&^%&$# post, and then, very often Blogger craps out and won’t let me publish what I just spent twenty minutes - or two hours - writing. Usually, I just sign off and shut the damn browser in a fit of rage. I guess I should point out that I live right smack dab in the middle of the place they named “Nowhere” after. The original NOWHERE. Yup. That’s where I am. There is no DSL or cable, and no plans to make either available in this area anytime soon, so we're stuck with a mind-numbingly slow dial-up connection. (Without the satellite dish, we’d only get one television channel – and that, only on a “good” day when the signals can bounce along the bottom of a solid mass of cloud cover.) Dumb DSL-less county.

I installed a reader. Big whoop. I’ve got tons of news feeds now, but can’t figure out how to get the feeds for my favorite bloggers. It would probably save considerable time, but there are no helpful hints for how to do that. Dumb damn reader.

It would be lovely to blog from work, but - color me paranoid if you will - I think it might be against some sort of silly policy and could actually be frowned upon. Unfortunately, blogging while at work would also mean staying at the office even longer because I have actual, you know…work…to do there. It would also mean divorcing the husband, saying goodbye to the daughter, moving a cot to the office and adopting a daily diet of microwave popcorn and Chinese take-out.
Dumb office. Good computer, though.

Is there anyone, anywhere in the world, able to hold down a job (outside the home), spend time with family, AND have a successful blog? If so, please share….just how in the holy hell do you do it without spending 6 hours a day numbing your butt in front of the computer? And, if you are able to do it even while using a dial-up connection, I absolutely MUST know your secret, else, very soon now, I think I'll lose my little mind...and dump the computer in the kitty litter.

No comments: