4.04.2005

Glorious Day Blathering

No links, mad props, or hat-tips tonight folks. Just more blather. About me. Because, it is, of course, ALL about me.

What an incredibly, wonderfully glorious day! Sunshine just dripping everywhere. Happy bird voices from every direction. And I missed it. Because I am a slave to my job. And I work in a dank, dark cell chained to a computer. I didn't even see the dawning of this beautiful day because I was already at work At friggin 4:00 a.m. It's an ungodly hour. And the chain was only loosed from about my waist for 20 minutes mid-day for a quick dash to the store for a pack of smokes. Yes, I smoke. I realize that will probably cost me the one and only reader I believe I have, but, there. It's out. And I feel better. I don't know why I felt the need to dash out for the damn things. The only one I had was the one I smoked on the quick drive back from the store. Maybe I just needed to get out for a moment and feel the sun and the breeze. And hear the birds competing with the sounds of traffic. The birds won hands down, by the way. I was rechained to the PC upon my return, and I didn't leave again until 7:00 this evening. Oh, yeah. I'm salaried, just in case by those hours, you didn't already guess. The sun was going down as I was driving blearily home. But, it was a glorious day. And somehow, just that knowledge made my short 20 minutes of afternoon spring weather stretch and bathe my exhaustion with joy.

Now the kid is glaring at me. Because we only have one computer. And, she's in college. And I'm interfering with something she thinks she needs to do. She's been dancing outside the door, being a generally delightful pest while I have blathered on. So, now. I turn the dinosaur of a PC over to her. I'm turning in. I think I'll fight the chains in my dank cell tomorrow. The weatherman (yes - it's really a "man" here) says there is an even more beautiful day on the way. I plan to enjoy it.

No comments: