5.26.2005

Insomnia

Blasted middle-age insomnia!

GUYS, DUDES, MALES MAY WANT TO STOP RIGHT HERE.

I've always been something of a night owl, but this is getting ridiculous! I try telling myself it's the friggin' crazy schedule I have at work - two nights a week working till midnight ('cause folks just insist on running afoul of the law even after regular office hours, dangit!). It throws off my sleep cycle, is what I want to believe. But, I know I'm really just playing mind games with myself. I don't want to think about the "something else" that might be involved.

Don't want to believe that menopause (gasp!) is creeping ever closer. Ugh! But, it's what all of my older women friends are telling me. If they are right, then this just really, REALLY sucks. Because, if they're right, then it means I have a lot more insomnia crap to go through. Oh, that, plus the truly pleasant experience of waking up totally drenched from head to pinky-toe for no apparent reason - not even a steamy dream.

Damn. Damn. Damn.



Damn.

No comments: