3.26.2005

Introduction to Me

This is my blog. I will blather on about whatever I choose. If you don't want to read what I want to write, you are cordially invited to move on, scram, skedaddle, and leave me alone. I owe you not one whit of explanation or empirical evidence for my opinions, thoughts, beliefs, feelings, blah, blah, blah...though I may blather on and provide some from time to time. Bottom line, I am not much interested in your opinions about my opinions, unless of course you agree with me and want to tell me I'm brilliant. Obnoxiousness will only be acceptable when I am the one being obnoxious. YOUR obnoxious comments will be wiped from existence. Unless by chance they are also, in MY opinion, funny, witty...or just laughably lame. I will not apologize for being foul-mouthed on occasion. I will, however, be properly horrified if and when I commit a felonious assault on the English language. I am, as are most of us, terribly busy, and do not have a lot of time for replying to e-mails and comments. I will do my best to reply to folks who don't scream at me and call me filthy names, but it may take me a while. If you are of the impatient sort, don't write to me.

Who am I? Due to my utter lack of imagination, I have decided to be known here as "PB." Those, of course, are not my true initials, but will just have to do for now. If anyone comes up with a better nomicker for me, feel free to submit it. You will not win a prize if I happen choose to use the name you submit.

About me: I live with my husband. Both of us work for a living. I am the mother of an almost-20 year old, a fact which, most days, just surprises the hell out of me. Not, that I'm a mother. But, that she's almost 20. I am not well versed in politics, but I like to read and hear from others who are. I lean to the Right on many things, and to the Left on many others. And, in some areas, I waffle back and forth so much it gives me a headache. In other words, I have no clue how to fix all the world's problems. That, however, will not stop me from blathering on about politics, when and if I choose. I believe myself to be a Christian, but whether or not I'm a "good" one is still up in the air. Most mainstream Christians would probably not claim me. I crawl into a Sweat Lodge at least once a month to sing and pray, and also conduct and participate in several other such worship, celebration and beseechment activities. For some reason, MSC's are uncomfortable with that. That's okay by me. In case you are wondering - despite the whole Sweat Lodge thing - I am not a non-deodorant-using, shower-avoiding, hairy-legged, vegetarian, love-light-and-rainbows, crystal-carrying, star-gazing, air-headed, floaty, smiley, "s'all good" mantra-spouting, "judge-not = check-your-brain-at-the-door," hippy-dippy fruit loop. Although - because of the whole Sweat Lodge thing - I do KNOW many of them. I love them, but still think they are very silly. I love arithmetic, and am enthralled by the complexity and beauty of numbers. But, I am still a dim-wit. I enjoy poking around in my computer's registry and tweaking things just for fun. Haven't crashed anything yet. But, I know absolutely nothing about HTML. Which is why this post is here instead of having a permanent home on the sidebar or something. I enjoy vegetable gardening, though I make a mess of things, because I hate weeding. Okay - I just enjoy planting, harvesting, and eating the stuff. I love to refinish antique furniture, build things, sculpt stone, make love to my husband, eat Sushi, and have lots of people over for dinner and cook-outs. Not necessarily in that order, nor all on the same day. And, I love talking. And blathering on.

2 comments:

SC&A said...

Promising. Blather on.

PB said...

Well, not exactly saying "brilliant," but I'll let it stay.

Thanks, Boys.