3.31.2005

Godspeed, Terri

A little bit back, I told my readers (reader?) about how I'm a bad Catholic and do not have my own rosary – but I took a wee bit of license there. In February, Anchoress had posted a link to a novena written for Terri. Since I didn’t have a rosary, but I DO have insane amounts of yarn, I decided to make my own rosary. I made it of a lovely, soft, deep olive green, variegated yarn, substituting small knots for the beads. After praying, I would twist it around into smaller loops until I could slip it over my wrist. I have worn it around my wrist ever since, except for yesterday when I wore it like a necklace. Now, being yarn, it is going to wear out eventually. Until it does, I will keep my Terri rosary. Since it has not been blessed by a priest or bishop, many Catholics might not even consider it a real rosary. But, I know differently. It has been blessed by my prayers, intentions, and my love for Terri.

Go with God, Terri. You loved. You were loved. You ARE loved…by so many.

No comments: