7.31.2005

Thank You, God

Have you ever tried to count all the things that needed to happen exactly as they did in order for a certain outcome to have occurred? For instance -

IF my agency had not closed, thereby resulting in a change in my schedule whereby I would no longer have to be at the office until midnight on Wednesday nights....

And IF the pager I was carrying had not remained silent, allowing me to be at home at exactly the right time....

And IF I had not stayed dressed in my regular clothes, and instead had changed immediately into my comfy, though very raggedy, around-the-house clothes, as I usually do upon getting home in the evenings...

And IF I had not remembered to fill up the tank on the way home from work that day...

If any of these things, and many more, had not all been exactly as they were... In all likelihood, I would not be sitting here full of wonder in front of the computer - but would instead be attending my husband's funeral.

Every moment of Wednesday was orchestrated - and every change leading up to Wednesday was directed - and certainly not by me.

My husband is of course realizing all these same wondrous things - and probably in a much more profound way. Last night he thanked me for saving his life. But, it was not me. Believe me. It was NOT me.

Thank you, most Amazing and Wonderful God, for the miracle of Wednesday.

No comments: