2.03.2009

Pitiful Blather Part Two

What happened, you ask? Well - okay - you didn't really ask. But, I knew you wanted to, so I'll tell you.

I'm pretty sure that what just happened to me over the last 18 months was a mid-life crisis. It wasn't a crisis, really. At least, not for me. I was having the time of my life - trying on new hats, testing out a couple of new career paths, breaking software and hardware and getting paid to do it for a little while. I had a blast. However, it hasn't been quite so much fun for the Husband. The poor dear spent the last year and a half watching in terror as I skipped from one lame-brained idea to the next, never knowing which idea would be the one to finally land us in a cardboard box, wrestling pigeons for stale bread crusts for the rest of our days. He developed an eye twitch and blamed me. He is, to say the least, WAY past ready for me to figure out my life already.

While I haven't yet figured it out completely, what I DO know is that I will not be returning to a "normal" job any time soon. We're opening our own business - yes, we are. Yes, we know we're in the midst of the worst economic crisis the country has seen in decades. Launching is set for mid-spring - and with any tiny amount of luck at all, I'll never have to punch anyone else's time-clock ever again. I also know I'll be traveling to Hawaii this year to visit the Daughter and the new Son-in-Law. Those two things are the only things I'm certain of at this moment. Well, I'm also certain I don't like the current stimulus bill. Those three things are the only things of which I'm certain.

Oh - and I'm glad Daschle isn't going to head HHS. I guess that makes FOUR things of which I'm certain. Everything else is still under review.

No comments: